The Best Way to Get to Know Somebody.

The Best Way to Get to Know Somebody.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Name Six: Things To Make Me Smile

Seth to Rick:

Name Six things that would make me smile.

*Seth got some bad news, and wanted to be taken out of his bad mood.

1.) An inspirational story:
L. Frank Baum tried all kinds of jobs, and hated all of them. When he decided to become an author, he threw himself into that- and failed miserably for years. When he finally got a book published, he was 41 years old. It was not at all considered successful, and the publisher went bankrupt. He sent a copy to his sister with this inscription:
“When I was young I longed to write a great novel that should win me fame. Now that I am getting old my first book is written to amuse children. For aside from my evident inability to do anything ‘great,’ I have learned to regard fame as a will-o-the-wisp which, when caught, is not worth the possession; but to please a child is a sweet and lovely thing that warms one’s heart and brings its own reward.”
Three years later he published The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

2.) An online game that I think you'll like:
3 Slices

3.) Three memories I bet you haven't thought about in a long time:
"This is the worst Chinese food I've ever had. Ever."
Jody.
Robbie's One Rule.

4.) A fun fact that you may not know:
The Bir Tawil Triangle is a four-sided area of 800 square miles between Egypt and Sudan that both countries insist belongs to the other country, and is one of a handful of places in the world not claimed by any country.

5.) Inspirational pablum:
A coworker in my office has a card on his desk that reads, "When work feels overwhelming, remember that you're going to die." I like that.

6.) My vote of confidence in you:
There is nobody that I would rather be onstage with than you. Any show I've been in with you, any show I've seen you in, is a fantastic show that hits my humor level exactly and is exactly what I want to see when I watch improv. Your improv shouldn't be for everyone, and if it's not for everyone, at least it's for people like us.

No comments:

Post a Comment