The Best Way to Get to Know Somebody.

The Best Way to Get to Know Somebody.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Name Six: Favorite Ozymandian Moments

From Seth to Rick:
Name Six Favorite Ozymandian Moments.

*Rick is the director of Ozymandian Theater, a sketch and improv comedy group that has performed together since 2005.

1.) The first good sketch I wrote was a simple idea of doing an entire small-town fair in five minutes. Part of that sketch had Karla throwing pancakes over her shoulder to me across the stage, where I shoved them in my mouth as I caught them. At least one of the nights, I caught all seven pancakes and ran offstage with my cheeks bulging.

2.) The first night at the new theater, we had a crowd of 196. That's still our highest one-night total, and the realization that we had needed to open the balcony was crazy exciting.

3.) For a game of Chain Murder we played, somebody yelled out Mark (one of the other cast members) when I asked for a celebrity. I took that, and the look on Mark's face when he came back into the room and realized that he was being imitated was priceless.

4.) Our back curtain is a lit scrim that we can see through from backstage, but looks white from the audience seats. One show, we pulled a couch behind the scrim and sat and talked while the audience came in. It gave a really calm feel to the rest of the night.

5.) In one of the Christmas shows, we did a six minute Charlie Brown Christmas. I was Linus, and I was able to rattle off that passage from Luke in under ten seconds.

6.) There was a sketch I wasn't in that had two sock puppets falling in love and making out with each other while the people controlling them looked on, disgusted. The audience never really enjoyed that one, but I loved to sneak around to the back of the house and watch it. I thought it was brilliant.


To anyone reading: What are some of your favorite moments performing for other people?

No comments:

Post a Comment