The Best Way to Get to Know Somebody.

The Best Way to Get to Know Somebody.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Name Six: Things I Would Do In Traffic

From Rick to Seth:
Name Six Things You Would do in Traffic if You Had a Driver.

*Seth lives in Los Angeles, the city that imports traffic from around the world.

1. Eating comfortably. I cannot tell you how many times I have had to rush across town hungry and had to stop at drive through on the way. I have become quite adept at steering with my knees, but still, not a safe plan by any means. Also means I wouldn't have to choose my food by how hand-held friendly it is.

2. Texting. For what ever magical reason, as soon as I get into my car is when half my contact list like to text me. I HATE texting while driving, so I try not to do it. But I can be trapped in the car for over an hour in this town, and texts are sometimes time sensitive questions, so it's hard to avoid.

3. Go out to drink more. The problem with drinking in LA is that you have to drive EVERYWHERE, so you can never really cut lose unless you have a good DD. It ends up that the only times I can really get silly are at home, which is very lovely. But every once and a while you just want to get crazy. That's when I call Rick and Par and tell them to meet me in Vegas.

4. Look around more. LA really is a beautiful and interesting place filled with cool stuff to look at, but you miss it when you have to concentrate on the road. When ever I ride in car, even if it's a road I've taken a hundred times, I still see something new. Stores open and close, new places to eat, cool street art, it's all a blur when you have the tunnel vision of a driver.

5. Go to more events. The real problem with driving in LA is parking. It's expensive and hard to find for the really cool stuff. But if I had a driver who would just drop me off where ever I wanted, I would go out to tons of stuff that I wouldn't otherwise. Concerts at the Bowl, games at Staples, UCLA events, it would be great.

6.Fool around. I'm not going to go into detail on this one, but I'm also not going to deny that it would happen.

To the readers: What would you do with a driver? Anything similar or completely different?

No comments:

Post a Comment